Start A Business Smoothly
Know the Simple Steps for Starting
Your Business Right.
Owning your own business is right up there with apple pie and baseball as an American pastime. In order to assure that your business succeeds beyond the initial desire and thrill of fulfilling a dream, you must take the time to develop a comprehensive plan and gain the advantage of having all pertinent information in place before you begin your venture.
We can help you avoid becoming another failed business statistic.
With our help, you will identify and avoid the common mistakes many new business owners make. We will help you build a business plan for success, as well as provide financial management services to meet your needs.
Steps to starting your business right…
- Prepare a business plan and determine your initial capital needs.
- Identify your current resources, as well as sources of start-up capital and your borrowing capacity.
- Review potential business structures in terms of tax advantages and portability in case you need to relocate.
- Plan for financial management of your business by selecting accounting software that fits your projected budget and gaining the hardware necessary to run it.
- Understand the key components of a Cash Flow Projection and develop one to cover each month of your business for the first year, at least.
- Learn about the best billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Research and gain an understanding of employment laws so that you are prepared to comply from the start.
- Consider a home office for maximizing tax deductions.
- Prepare and file for all local and state licenses and permits.
- Gain a Federal Employer Identification Number and set up payroll services and payroll tax filing systems with your first employee.
- Identify any business insurance needs.
- Develop a Partnership Agreement. By putting the terms of all business partnerships into writing, you will save a lot of future pain and headache, as well as the potential detriment of your business.
Don’t let this list overwhelm your desire to start a business. Our services were created with small business owners like you in mind.
Call us today to start your business the right way!
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at 860-288-7065 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
What our Clients are saying
I have been working with Deb Prior for years and with Gene the past two years. I think what I appreciate most about their service is that not only do they know their tax code, but they are also small business owners. They approach my business like they would their own and always make excellent recommendations.Beth D.
I own a small business in the Manchester, ct area; we have performed contractor services for 30 years. After many years of going back and forth with accounting companies I wasn’t overjoyed with I was introduced to Deb prior and her team about 10 years ago. Since that time, I have received exceptional accounting services as well as savvy business assistance. Response to phone calls and questions is always prompt even off hours during the busy tax season. I also want to do business with people I trust and enjoy; Deb and Gene are fantastic. I would highly recommend CPA consulting services to anyone be it an individual or business like myself; in fact, Deb now does all my families taxes too!! Great company, great people, professional, reliable, prompt- highly recommend